Updates to Interlibrary Loan and Connect NY Services
Le Moyne College campus has been closed for the remainder of the Spring semester to help slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Library staff are working mostly from home and, consequently, Interlibrary Loan services have been reduced.
- Connect NY has turned off both borrowing and lending services. Any books you currently have checked out from Connect NY will have their due dates extended to the end of the semester.
- Interlibrary Loan will continue to process article requests remotely. Please include ISSN number of the journal if known to speed your request along. The library will not process any print book requests via ILL.
- Any books you requested that were not received by the Library before the campus closed, will be delayed indefinitely. You can cancel your ILL requests through the ILL portal and Connect NY requests can be canceled through your library account.
- If you wish to return any materials before the campus reopens, please deposit them in the book drop adjacent to the Falcone Library front doors.
Interlibrary Loan Request Forms
Questions? Contact Interlibrary Loan
What is Interlibrary Loan?
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a cooperative effort among libraries to share resources. Through ILL, you are able to borrow books and articles (and sometimes other items) not owned by Falcone Library.
We use 2 systems to fill ILL requests:
- Connect NY – this is the fastest way to request a book
- ILL Request – use this form to request a book, article or chapter
Who May Use ILL?
- Currently enrolled students
- Most Alumni (Alumni who are currently students elsewhere are asked to use the ILL service at that institution)
- Special Borrowing privileges do not include ILL
What does ILL Cost?
There is generally no charge to the borrower. Falcone Library covers the cost of borrowing materials, which can range from $5 to $50 per item.