How Long Does ILL Take?
Articles: generally 1-2 days
Books: generally 2-10 business days
Delays: Occasionally ILL must request an item from several libraries before successfully obtaining it. Also, requests for obscure materials can take much longer. It is our policy to process your requests within 24 hours (business time).
Deadlines: If you have a deadline, be sure to put the latest possible date you can still use the material on your request form.
For Best Results:
- submit requests early
- provide full and accurate citations
We take your research needs seriously and have established a system that expedites the receipt of the materials within the shortest possible time frame.
What Can be Borrowed?
Make sure what you want is not at Le Moyne or available through Connect NY:
- Books not in our collection, or books in our collection but not available for loan
- Articles not in our collection
- Check journal title in Journal Finder
- Other - Many items may be available though ILL but take longer to get because of limited availability. These include dissertations, AV material, books published prior to the 1900s, reports, theses, etc.
What Cannot be Borrowed?
- Whole Issues or volumes of periodicals
- Recent or un-microfilmed newspapers
- Reference or rare books
- Electronic media
- Textbooks are not generally or readily available through ILL, particularly recent editions