Search the Catalog For eBooks
Search the Catalog For eBooks
Find eBooks – The library has a large collection of eBooks that can be accessed from on and off campus. The search form below is customized to limit the results to eBooks.
For example, the search terms, "neely lincoln" combines the author's last name with a word from the book title to retrieve Mark Neely's book "The last best hope of earth Abraham Lincoln and the promise of America." It does not find the other print books on Lincoln this author has written.
eBooks at Le Moyne College
Many of the eBooks which the Le Moyne College Falcone Library provides are designed to be read on-screen using a web browser. These eBooks are commonly formatted as HTML files with embedded images or as a series of full-page images that mirror the original print work. Chapters and sections of individual books generally can be navigated through a table of contents menu. Because they are web-based, you must have an active internet connection to search, access, and read them. If reading on your own computer, Adobe Digital Editions must reside on it.
The ConnectNY Ebook Central collection also allows readers seven-day loans of PDF or EPUB formatted eBook files which can be downloaded to your desktop or laptop computer or to tablet PCs, eBook readers, and smartphones, such as the iPad, Android tablets. Other devices that are compatible are newer Nook readers, and Sony eBook readers, and other devices that have readers that support the Adobe Digital Editions copyright protection protocol.
eBooks on the Open Web
There are several significant collections of eBooks that are in the public domain or are in copyright but open access.
- Bio-diversity Heritage LibraryThe BHL has digitized tens of thousands of titles and over 100,000 volumes from the domain of systematic biology that are held by a global network of partner libraries.
- Google BooksGoogle Books contains works in the public domain, as well as titles that are still under copyright. While the text of most books are searchable using the Google interface, only the former may be read in their entirety.
- HathiTrustHathiTrust, a partnership of major research institutions and libraries, has digitized over 10 million volumes (5 million titles), over 1/3 of which are in the public domain.
- Internet Archive TextsThe Internet Archive Text Archive contains a wide range of fiction, popular books, children's books, historical texts and academic books, mostly in the public domain.
- LibriVoxLibriVox provides free audiobooks from the public domain. Files can be downloaded to your computer or device as mp3 or ogg files.
- National Academies PressAlthough a commercial publisher of both print and online books, with a special emphasis on the sciences and social policy, many of the books may be read online as open e-books.
- The Open LibraryOL's goal is to create a web page for every book, but it also acts as a portal to over 1 million public domain e-books as well as a lending library of over 100,000 more current works.
- Project GutenbergProject Gutenberg, the first online collection of books, contains a wide range of fiction, popular books, children's books, historical texts and academic books, mostly in the public domain.
More tips to find eBooks in library catalog...
Keyword searches in the catalog of ebooks and music versus e-books and music produce different results. Suggestion: type in (e-books or ebook) and music