Updates to Interlibrary Loan and Connect NY Services
Le Moyne College campus has been closed for the remainder of the Spring semester to help slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Library staff are working mostly from home and, consequently, Interlibrary Loan services have been reduced.
- Connect NY has turned off both borrowing and lending services. Any books you currently have checked out from Connect NY will have their due dates extended to the end of the semester.
- Interlibrary Loan will continue to process article requests remotely. Please include ISSN number of the journal if known to speed your request along. The library will not process any print book requests via ILL.
- Any books you requested that were not received by the Library before the campus closed, will be delayed indefinitely. You can cancel your ILL requests through the ILL portal and Connect NY requests can be canceled through your library account.
- If you wish to return any materials before the campus reopens, please deposit them in the book drop adjacent to the Falcone Library front doors.
What is Connect NY?
Connect NY is the best option for making an interlibrary loan request for books. Connect NY is a group of academic libraries in New York State that have created a joint catalog and a system of patron direct-requesting that is integrated into our on-line catalog.
Requests for books that can be fulfilled through ConnectNY generally arrive within 3 business days.
Who May Use Connect NY?
Connect NY is available to all patrons affiliated with Le Moyne College who have an active library account. Be aware that any fines or overdues on your account may block your ability to submit requests.
How Long Can I keep a Book from Connect NY?
The loan period is 42 days from the day you check out the book. In addition, each book is eligible for one 42 day renewal.
Note: Be aware that these loan periods are the same for everyone. Connect NY books are not eligibile for extended loan periods for faculty, graduate, or honors students.
Can I Check the Status of my Connect NY Request?
What if I have an Overdue Connect NY Book?
If an item is not returned within 30 days of the due date or is lost a $100 fine ($75 replacement cost plus $25 processing fee) is automatically issued. At this point, your borrowing privileges will be suspended. If the item is returned promptly, the fine is reduced to $10.00, and your borrowing privileges will be reinstated. If the item is not returned, replacement costs will be determined by the lending library and may be more or less than $100, depending on the actual cost of the book.
ConnectNY Pickup Anywhere
What is Pickup Anywhere?
- Pickup Anywhere is a new service that was added to the ConnectNY Catalog which allows patrons to pick up their CNY items at any participating CNY institution, not just their home institution
Which ConnectNY institutions are participating in Pickup Anywhere?
- Adelphi University - Swirbul & Manhattan Libraries
- Bard College
- Canisius College
- Le Moyne College
- Marist College
- Medaille College - Buffalo and Rochester Libraries
- Pace University - Birnbaum, Mortola, and Law Libraries
- Pratt Institute - Brooklyn and Manhattan Libraries
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- St. Lawrence University
- Siena College
- Vassar College
For more information about how to use Pickup Anywhere, please see below