|Material Type||Loan Period||Renewals||Overdue Fees|
|Books||End of current semester||1 renewal*||$5 per item|
|Connect NY Books||42 days||1 renewal*||$5 per item|
|Leisure Reading Books||21 days||1 renewal*||$5 per item|
|Youth Literature Books|
|Jesuit Residence Books|
|Ebook Reader (Kindle)|
|iPad||7 days||No renewals||$5 per item|
|Videos||5 days||No renewals||$5 per item|
|Reserves (Media)||3 hours||No renewals||$1 per hour, up to $15|
|Headphones||3 hours||No renewals||No overdue fees. If item is not returned, replacement costs will be charged|
|Reserves (Books)||2 hours||1 renewal*||$1 per hour, up to $15|
|Reference Desk Books|
|Circ Desk Periodicals|
Items may be renewed 3 ways:
- Online via My Library Account
- Over the phone by calling 315-445-4330
- In person at the Library Services Desk
Renewals may be denied if the material has exceeded its renewal limit, is overdue, has been requested by another patron, or is needed on reserve
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- Request a renewal of an ILL item through your account in the ILL portal.
- The ILL office will let you know via e-mail whether the lending library allowed a renewal and what the new due date will be
- An additional 42 day "loan renewal" may be requested if other users have not reserved the item or it has not been "recalled" by the lending library
- There are no exceptions for ConnectNY items, as they are not the property of the Falcone Library
Overdue Notices/Fines & Fees
Since patrons receive a "date due" slip upon checkout, the library is not obligated to notify patrons of an impending due date. Also, the assessment of fines is not tied to when or whether the patron receives an overdue notice via e-mail or regular mail.
Check due dates online using My Library Account, along with your ID.
Notices are sent to the borrower’s college e-mail account (email@example.com)
Patrons are responsible for replacing lost or damaged materials.
Patrons will be blocked from checking out items if their fines exceed $30.00 or if any materials on their account have gone to billed status.
Once an item has reached “lost” status, the patron will be billed for the items replacement costs plus a $10 processing fee and a $5 billing fee.
If fines are not paid within a month, the account balance will be forwarded to the bursar’s office.
If the item is returned and the library has not purchased a replacement, the replacement costs and $10 processing fee will be removed, however the $5 billing fee will still remain.
If the library has purchased a replacement copy, returns will not be accepted and the patron will still be responsible for the replacement costs, processing and billing fees.