Why is Citing Sources Important?
Why is Citing Important?
- To formally show where you found the information that you are using in your paper/project
- To allow your reader to go back to your original source to learn more
- To give credit to the author or creator whose ideas you are using
- To provide evidence of your research and add credibility to your own argument
- Allows you to maintain academic integrity
- Remember that the potential consequences for NOT citing your sources correctly can include expulsion from Le Moyne College!
Creative Commons License
This guide is adapted from the Plagiarism Tutorial created by the University of Southern Mississippi. This work licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC BY-SA) 4.0 International License.