What Is Mendeley?
Mendeley is a citation management system that allows you to save, store, and manage bibliographic citations, and then to generate bibliographies in most of the major citation styles.
- Mendeley Fact Sheet [PDF] – quick overview of Mendeley's main features
- Getting Started With Mendeley [PDF] -- 16 page users guide; this is included in your citation database when you create your Mendeley account
- Mendeley Migration Guide [PDF] – how to migrate from RefWorks to Mendeley
- Exporting from RefWorks to Mendeley [Video: 2:56] – instruction video by University of New Brunswick Library
Sign-in to Mendeley
You need to have a Mendeley account to use the software. This has two immediate benefits:
- Access to your references on both the Mendeley web platform or desktop application to capture new citations from databases, journals, and books on the web.
- Collaborate and share your work with other Mendeley users in public, private, or invitation-only groups.
Le Moyne College Mendeley Group
As a Le Moyne student, faculty or staff, you are part of the Le Moyne College group in Mendeley. This is determined by your use of your @lemoyne.edu email address when you sign up for an account.
The main benefits of being part of the Le Moyne College group are a 100 GB storage quota in your "Personal Web Space," used to store papers and data associated with your references, and improvements to Collaboration functionality, with unlimited private groups with up to 100 members allowed. Private groups are ideal for ad hoc class group work where you can share, discuss, and annotate references and papers.
Download Mendeley Desktop
Mendeley Desktop is a reference manager that allows you manage, read, share, annotate and cite your research papers.
Install on campus workstations
Mendeley for Windows can be installed from Le Moyne College AJ App Store.
Install on personal computers
Access your library on the go with Mendeley mobile apps
Mendeley Web Importer
Import papers, web pages and other documents directly into your reference library from search engines and academic databases. Mendeley Web Importer is available for all major web browsers either as a browser plugin or as a bookmarklet.
- Install Mendeley Web Importer in Chrome [Video: 1:28]
- Install Mendeley Web Importer in Firefox [Video: 2:00]
- Install Mendeley Web Importer in Safari (or any browser) [Video: 0:41]
- Install Mendeley Web Importer on a tablet
Illustrated, step-wise instruction to help you get up and running with Mendeley.
Please contact Tom Keays at email@example.com or 445-4322 if you are interested in an instruction session for your class or seminar. Tom is also available by appointment for individual consultation.
Mendeley supports a large number of citation styles beyond APA, Chicago, MLA, and CSE, including styles specific to a variety of journals and organizations.
For more information about using citation styles correctly, check out the style guides available online and in print from from the Library.