What is Zotero?
This guide will introduce you to Zotero and how to use it for your research!
Zotero is the Library's recommended citation management tool. Zotero is a free, easy-to-use citation management application to help you collect, organize, cite, and also share research with a group for a collaborative project.
There is a web-based version of Zotero as well as a desktop version that you can install on your device. These versions sync with each other.
- Using a Le Moyne PC? Look for Zotero in AJ Apps on your Desktop
Zotero also offers ZoteroBib, which helps you build a bibliography instantly from any computer or device, without creating an account or installing any software.
Link to Zotero Quick Start Guide and Help
Tips for Zotero Installation and Functionality
Zotero is compatible with all operating systems including Windows, Mac and Linux - See system requirement information.
Zotero creates bibliographies from your citation Library in a variety of ways!
- Within your Zotero Library, Select citations, chose Create Bibliography, then select your citation style e.g. APA.
- Word processor integration plug-ins (available for Microsoft Word, LibreOffice, and Google Docs) create a dynamic bibliography!
- The word processor plug-ins are bundled with Zotero and should be installed automatically for each supported word processor on your computer when you first start Zotero.
- Insert a new in-text citation in your manuscript, and the bibliography will be automatically updated to include the cited item.
- Correct the title of an item in your Zotero library and with a click of a button the change will be incorporated in your documents.