Library Resources with Language Options - Databases
EBSCO Databases offer translation features in any Latin based language, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Greek, Cyrillic, Hebrew and Arabic. EBSCO databases also offer a feature to search for articles originally written in a language other than English.
Gale Databases offer translation features in a wide variety of languages. Gale databases also offer a feature to search for articles originally written in a language other than English.
ProQuest Databases offer translation features in a wide variety of languages. ProQuest databases also offer a feature to choose articles originally written in a language other than English.
- To initiate the translation features, when you run a search for articles in the ProQuest database, you may select one or more of the results. In the document view, you will see a section of the display called the Abstract. The Abstract provides a summary of the document and may include a Translate option. Select the light blue Translate link to translate the abstract from English to any of the languages currently supported.
- When you click Translate, a disclaimer will advise you that this is an "on-the-fly" machine translation and is not intended to replace human translation.
Le Moyne Library Services and Academic Support
Library Services – Listing of user services provided through the Library Services Department.
Other Lemoyne Departments
- Student Success Center (Tutoring) Peer tutoring is available to enrolled Le Moyne students. Students can make individual appointments, participate in study groups, or attend supplemental instruction workshops to gain valuable strategies to improve their academic performance. Students can schedule appointments online at lemoyne.mywconline.com
- Writing Center The writing center works one-on-one with currently enrolled Le Moyne students on any of their academic or professional writing. To make an appointment, log on to lemoyne.mywconline.com, select the "Writing Center" schedule from the drop down box at the top of the page, and find a day and time that works best for you.
Other Libraries with Multilingual Resources
New York Public Library offers multilingual support for English Language Learners.
The New York Public Library, NYPL, welcomes people from all backgrounds and celebrates the rich multicultural diversity that defines New York City. The Library is committed to helping recent immigrants and bilingual and multilingual communities navigate their array of free services and resources for all ages.
Students living or studying in New York State can apply for a free NYPL card. With this card students are able to access all of the NYPL digital resources, including eBooks, audio recordings and databases. One database that may be of interest to English Language Learner is:
- Mango Languages (library card required, see above):
Learn a new language with this interactive database that provides step by step lesson plans for 71 different languages. Mango Languages features ESL lessons for Arabic, Cantonese, Mandarin, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, and Vietnamese speakers. A text translator is provided. Download the mobile app. *First time users must create a profile in order to access the resource.
Onondaga County Public Library provides resources and services to English Language Learners.
Le Moyne students, even those who don't live locally, can sign up for an Onondaga County Public Library (OCPL) card with their student ID and drivers license, or other document that shows their address.
Students can sign up in person at the Soule Library branch, which is right across the street from campus. Online pre-registration is also an option. If using online pre-registration, please be sure to select Soule as your home library as that's where you will pick up your library card.