Criteria for Evaluating Websites
- Is the page up to date?
- When was it last updated?
- Are there dead links?
- Who is the author?
- What are their credentials?
- Are they expects in the field?
- Do they have the authority to speak on the subject?
- Does the author offer contact information?
- How easy is the site to navigate?
- Does it load quickly?
- Is it ADA compliant? Ex) Text-only alternative for those with visual impairment
- Is the content appropriate for your use?
- Level and scope of information provided
- Is the content relevant to your topic?
- Does the website have a bias on the information they’re reporting?
- Does this bias impact your use of this information?
- Is the information presented correct?
- Is it complete or missing parts?
- Is a reference list provided?