Purpose of this Guide
This guide is designed to assist you as you search for particular types of biology articles in BIO 218. It will help you with the following questions:
- What databases should I use to search for these articles?
- What is the difference between primary research and review articles?
- What search strategies should I utilize?
- What's the difference between a popular and scholarly article?
- What is a peer-reviewed article? (and how is it different from a review article!)
- How do I ask for help with any of this?
- How do I cite my source for lab report?
Remember, you have two Information Literacy assignments to complete this semester. You will submit these assignments in your BIO 218 lecture section of Canvas.
- The first assignment is due on Wednesday, September 8 by 11:59pm.
- The second assignment is due on Monday October 4 by 11:59 pm