Library Catalog: Access
Library Catalog: Importing Using Browser Extension
The library catalog doesn't export references in either RIS or BibTeX format. Consequently, you have to use the Mendeley Importer browser extension or bookmarket. Mendeley Importer comes as a native extension for Chrome and Firefox and as a bookmarklet for all browsers.
- Do a search in the library catalog on your topic.
- From the results list, click the title of the book you want to import.
- Pro Tip: If you control-click (alt-click on Macintosh) the title link, it will open in a new tab. This can be helpful if you have multiple items you want to import.
- On the screen displaying the individual book information, click the "Permanent link to this record".
- Launch the Mendeley Importer browser extension or bookmarklet.
Library Catalog: Review the Results
Review the Results
The citation will likely be lacking Year, Pages, City, Edition, and Publisher details. Fill those fields in Mendeley Importer before saving the citation.