Computer Science Subject Categories in the Journal Finder
Browse the Journal Finder by Subject
- Engineering & Applied Sciences: Applied Mathematics
- Engineering & Applied Sciences: Computer Science
- Engineering & Applied Sciences: Electrical Engineering
- Engineering & Applied Sciences: Information Technology
- Engineering & Applied Sciences: Technology - General
- Engineering & Applied Sciences: Telecommunications
- Engineering & Applied Sciences: Operations Research
IEEE Pick 5 Journal Package
The IEEE Pick 5 list is a journal subscription package list from the IEEE Computer Society, selected by faculty in the Computer Science program in conjunction with the library. Other IEEE journals may be available through the Journal Finder or via Interlibrary Loan.
- Computer (0018-9162)- from 1970 to present in IEEE Computer Society Digital Library. Pick 5
- IEEE computer graphics and applications (0272-1716)- from 1981 to present in IEEE Computer Society Digital Library. Pick 5
- IEEE intelligent systems & their applications (1094-7167)- from 1988 to 2000 in IEEE Computer Society Digital Library. Pick 5
- succeeded by IEEE intelligent systems (1541-1672)
- IEEE intelligent systems (1541-1672)- from 2001 to present in IEEE Computer Society Digital Library. Pick 5
- previously IEEE intelligent systems & their applications (1094-7167)
- IEEE software (0740-7459)- from 1984 to present in IEEE Computer Society Digital Library. Pick 5
- IEEE transactions on software engineering (0098-5589)- from 1976 to present in IEEE Computer Society Digital Library. Pick 5
If you are writing a paper using a citation style that requires you abbreviate the title of the journal source, how do you know what is acceptable? Check these sources for recommendations but also check the style guide to be sure to know what punctuation may be required -- e.g, should it be Mach. Learn. or Mach Learn?
- American Mathematical Society Journal Abbreviations (PDF)A PDF file of Math Reviews (MathSciNet) abbreviations of serials with full-title information and ISSN's.
- CASSI : CAS Source IndexCASSI contains a listing of publications indexed by Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) since 1907. Search publication titles and abbreviations, as well as CODEN, ISBN, or ISSN codes.
- Genamics JournalSeekJournal information includes the description (aims and scope), journal abbreviation, journal homepage link, subject category and ISSN. Searching this information allows the rapid identification of potential journals to publish your research in, as well as allow you to find new journals of interest to your field.
- IEEE Abbreviations (PDF)A PDF document with abbreviations of current and past Transactions, Journals, Letters, and Magazines of the IEEE.
- ISSN List of Title Word AbbreviationsIt is a list that contains all the standardized abbreviations used for words in scientific citations. It is based on ISO 4, which defines a uniform system for the abbreviation of journal titles.
- Journal Abbreviation DatabaseThis database is a compilation drawn from many sources. The only caveat is that the journal entries do not provide provenance for the abbreviation so there is no way to determine if they are standard.
- Mathematical Reviews (MR) Coverage and AbbreviationsList of journals covered in MathSciNet (aka Mathematical Reviews)
- MathSciNet JournalsEnter a journal abbreviation, journal name, partial name, or an ISSN.
- NLM Catalog: JournalsSearch the National Library of Medicine catalog by journal title, abbreviation, or ISSN to find journals referenced in the NCBI databases.
- Science and Engineering Journal AbbreviationsThis database, maintained by Kevin Linstrom at the University of British Columbia, provides abbreviations for journals in Science and Engineering related fields.
- Web of Science Journal AbbreviationsThis index contains all of the cited works in Web of Science. Note that ISI's abbreviations are non-standard, but may be a useful if you need an abbreviation connected to Web of Science or Current Contents.
- Zentralblatt für Mathematik Journal AbbreviationsSearch zbMath for abbreviations of journals and serials that are indexed by Zentralblatt für Mathematik, with full-title information and ISSNs. Zentralblatt has some titles that are not listed by Math Reviews.