Sources on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The following is a curated list of sources related to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. These sources are divided into subtopics of general sources, sources related to how diversity and inclusion can help a company, how to promote/recruit a diverse and inclusive workforce, and ways to facilitate conversations on these topics. These are all materials either owned by our library or freely available on the web.
Diversity: The state of having people who are different races or who have different cultures in a group or organization. Merriam-Webster.
Equity: Fairness or justice in the way people are treated. Merriam-Webster.
Inclusion: The act or practice of including and accommodating people who have historically been excluded (as because of their race, gender, sexuality, or ability). Merriam-Webster.
General Sources on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- #MeToo in the corporate world: Power, privilege, and the path forward
- Diversity in the workforce: Current issues and emerging trends
- Diversity at work: The practice of inclusion
How Diversity & Inclusion Can Help a Company
How to Promote/Recruit a Diverse & Inclusive Workforce
Ways to Facilitate Conversations
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion : strategies for facilitating conversations on race
- Breaking the silence habit: A practical guide to uncomfortable conversations in the #MeToo workplace
- So you want to talk about race