What are OER - Open Educational Resources?
Open Educational Resources (OER) are teaching, learning, and research resources that are free of cost and access barriers, and which can be fully used, shared and adapted in the digital environment.
What are OER? Why use OER? Where is OER? How is OER created? Who can help?
Examples of Open Textbooks
Visual Arts History
- Boundless Art History Comprehensive teaching module for art history from across the world and includes quiz files and lecture slides.
- Guide to Estruscan Art
- Introduction to Art: Design, Context, and Meaning (Sachant and Blood)
- Music on the Move (Fosler-Lussier)
- Resonances : Engaging Music in Its Cultural Context (Morgan-Ellis)
- Music : Its Language, History, and Culture (Cohen)
- Understanding Music : Past and Present (Clark, Heflin, Kluball, and Kramer)
- Music Appreciation I (Lumen)
- Music Appreciation II (Lumen)
- Music Fundamentals 1 : Pitch and Major Scales and Keys (Ewell and Schmidt-Jones)
- Music Fundamentals 2 : Rhythms and Meter (Ewell and Schmidt-Jones)
- Understanding Basic Music Theory (Schmidt-Jones)