Encyclopedias and Handbooks
4 reasons to consult a handbook or specialized encyclopedia:
- Start with a review of the history of the top research before you search for the newer work that builds on it.
- Review the essential arguments in order to decide upon the topic or to reject it.
- Conduct a more effective search for scholarly journal articles with background content and terms.
- Avoid the error of omission of failing to cite the key scholars on the topic.
The titles below are in our print collection.
- Handbook of environmental sociology GE195 .H35 2002
- Handbook of the sociology of education LC191 .H254 2000
- Handbook of the sociology of emotions. Volume II HM1033 .H37 v.2 2014
- Handbook on gender and social policy HQ1075 .H352 2018
- International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences REF H 40 .A2 I5 2008
- The Oxford handbook of cognitive sociology HM1033 .O937 2019
- Sage Handbook of Sociology HM 586 .S24 2005
eBooks are linked below!