What Is Mendeley?
Mendeley is a citation management system that allows you to save, store, and manage bibliographic citations, and then to generate bibliographies in most of the major citation styles.
- Mendeley Fact Sheet [PDF] – quick overview of Mendeley's main features
- Getting Started With Mendeley [PDF] -- 16 page users guide; this is included in your citation database when you create your Mendeley account
- Mendeley Migration Guide [PDF] – how to migrate from RefWorks to Mendeley
- Exporting from RefWorks to Mendeley [Video: 1:34] – instruction video by University of Rhode Island Library
Mendeley Desktop is a reference manager that allows you manage, read, share, annotate and cite your research papers. It is not necessary until you begin writing your paper. At that point, it becomes invaluable tool to format citations and create bibliographies in your writing.
- Install on campus workstations: Mendeley for Windows can be installed from Le Moyne College AJ App Store. Mendeley for Macintosh can be installed directly on campus workstations.
- Install on personal computers: Download Mendeley Desktop for Windows, Macintosh, and Linux computers.
Access your library on the go with Mendeley mobile apps
Mendeley Web Importer
Import papers, web pages and other documents directly into your reference library from search engines and academic databases. Mendeley Web Importer is available for all major web browsers either as a browser plugin or as a bookmarklet.
There is a known conflict between the browser plugin and the Ebook Central web interface. For that reason, the bookmarklet importer is recommended.
Install Mendeley Importer bookmarklet: Drag the Save to Mendeley button to your bookmark/favorites toolbar. Now you can launch Mendeley Importer from any database results page.
- Install Mendeley Web Importer in Chrome [Video: 1:28]
- Install Mendeley Web Importer in Firefox [Video: 2:00]
- Install Mendeley Web Importer in Safari (or any browser) [Video: 0:41]
- Install Mendeley Web Importer on a tablet
Illustrated, step-wise instruction to help you get up and running with Mendeley.
Please contact Tom Keays at firstname.lastname@example.org or 445-4322 if you are interested in an instruction session for your class or seminar. Tom is also available by appointment for individual consultation.
Mendeley supports a large number of citation styles beyond APA, Chicago, MLA, and CSE, including styles specific to a variety of journals and organizations.
For more information about using citation styles correctly, check out the style guides available online and in print from from the Library.