New Interlibrary Loan Portal
On Monday, May 14, Falcone Library unveiled a new Interlibrary Loan portal that adds new convenience in ordering articles and books from other libraries. The new service allows you to keep track of all of your requests and receive notices when materials are available.
See an overview of the new Interlibrary Loan portal.
Some of the major features:
- Check the status of your requests (new ones, ones awaiting processing).
- Electronically receive your requested articles.
- Make book renewal requests and check the renewal status and due dates.
- See canceled requests (either ones you have canceled or ones canceled by our ILL staff).
- Check the history of your past requests (ones that you have received).
- See all your requests (new, canceled, in process, finished, delivered).
- See a list of notifications (emails) that you have received for your requests.
Interlibrary Loan Request Forms
Questions? Contact Interlibrary Loan
What is Interlibrary Loan?
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a cooperative effort among libraries to share resources. Through ILL, you are able to borrow books and articles (and sometimes other items) not owned by Falcone Library.
We use 2 systems to fill ILL requests:
- Connect NY – this is the fastest way to request a book
- ILL Request – use this form to request a book, article or chapter
Who May Use ILL?
- Currently enrolled students
- Most Alumni (Alumni who are currently students elsewhere are asked to use the ILL service at that institution)
- Special Borrowing privileges do not include ILL
What does ILL Cost?
There is generally no charge to the borrower. Falcone Library covers the cost of borrowing materials, which can range from $5 to $50 per item.