Welcome to the BIO 420 Library Guide
For BIO 420, you will be writing a critical review paper of a primary research article. You need to find this primary research article and Dr. Pritts must approve your article before you begin writing your critical review. The article that you find for this assignment should adhere to the following rules:
- Your article must be primary research. [What is primary research?]
- All article must have been written in 2011, 2012 or 2013. [Apply date limits]
- Your article must involve endocrine disorders. [How to find articles on endocrine disorders]
- Your article CANNOT be a clinical study [What is a clinical study?]
You may also be interested in some guidance on the following topics:
Other things to remember:
- Always print the PDF version of your article (if there is one available). You will need to submit a full copy of your article, along with your review of the article, to Dr. Pritts.
- The HTML version of your article is a good source for your Powerpoint presentation (you can't copy figures from a PDF). It's also a good source for easy reading and navigating on your screen.
- If you find a journal article in an online database, it's still a journal article so be sure to cite it that way!