Welcome to the BIO 410 Library Guide
For BIO 410, you will be writing a critical review paper of a primary research article, which you will find. Dr. Pritts must approve your article before you begin writing your critical review. The article that you find for this assignment should adhere to the following rules:
- Your article must be primary research. [What is primary research?]
- All article must have been written in 2010, 2011 or 2012. [Apply date limits]
- Your article must involve toxicology. [How to find articles on toxicology]
- Your article CANNOT be a clinical study [What is a clinical study?]
You may also be interested in some guidance on the following topics:
Other things to remember:
- Always print the PDF version of your article (if there is one available). You will need to submit a full copy of your article, along with your review of the article, to Dr. Pritts.
- The HTML version of your article is a good source for your Powerpoint presentation (you can't copy figures from a PDF). It's also a good source for easy reading and navigating on your screen.
- If you find a journal article in an online database, it's still a journal article so be sure to cite it that way!