Welcome to the Library
Welcome to the library! This guide has been created to offer you a quick introduction to the many services available at the library. College libraries are different from public and school libraries in many ways. In order to succeed in college it is important that you learn how to take advantage of all that your college library has to offer. Here is a list of the top five things I think you need to know about College Libraries:
- Your librarian is your friend! When you get to college it is important that you find out who the librarians are for your major. Each subject has a librarian who is an expert in finding resources in that area, and he or she will do everything to assist you in locating what you need for you research. Librarians create research guides for their subject area - they are incredibly useful when you are getting started on a research project.
- Not everything is on Google! But - google can be very useful, if you know how to search it well. Take advantage of Google Scholar and Google Books where you can search for resources that are appropriate for academic research and not have to wade through all of the commercial websites. Titles and Citations that locate using google books and google scholar can then be found on the library shelves or ordered through interlibrary loan.
- The library catalog is for Books, Videos, and Course Reserves. Catalogs do not contain journal articles.
- Databases contain journal articles, ebooks, and book reviews.
- Librarians are your friends! If you forget everything you need to know about libraries, remember, the librarians have spent their entire careers dedicated to helping students and faculty find the information that they need in order to succeed. We are here to help!
Le Moyne Library Catalog
Search the library catalog for books, videos, reserve materials, and more.
Call, email, or meet with a Librarian
Librarians have created specialized research guides in many subjects. Click on the subject you are interested in to see the guides that are available.
- About the Library
- Arts Administration
- Business Law
- Communications & Film Studies
- Computer Science
- Course Guides
- English Language & Literature
- Foreign Languages & Literatures
- Gender & Women's Studies
- General Reference
- Health & Medicine
- Honors Program
- Human Resource Management
- Information Systems
- International Business
- Jesuit Resources
- Library & Information Science
- Library Technology
- Music/Theatre Arts
- Physics & Engineering
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Visual Arts