What is the Personal Librarian Program?
Your Personal Librarian is a program designed to introduce new students to the resources and services available at Le Moyne’s Noreen Reale Falcone Library. During your Fall arrival and orientation, you will be assigned a Personal Librarian (PL). Your PL serves as a single point of contact for the Library. He or she will contact you occasionally throughout the year to let you know about new databases and tools, upcoming library workshops, or research strategies that you can use to enhance your academic success. You are also encouraged to contact your PL with any questions you have about the research papers or other projects that will be required in your courses. If you have questions about the program, contact Kelly Delevan in the Library.
What your Personal Librarian can do:
- Assist you with finding information for your research assignments, help you articulate your research question, identify the best sources, formulate your search strategies, and understand how to cite your sources appropriately
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting new resources and programs specifically for students, as well as with notices and timely reminders, such as extended Library hours during finals
- Answer your questions about Library policies, procedures and services, such as ConnectNY and Reserves
- Support you even when you’re not around (on break or away from Le Moyne doing research)
- Help you when you don’t know where to start, or you can’t think of what to do next
Be sure to meet your Personal Librarian when you arrive on campus in the Fall!
Attn: Transfer Students
Welcome Transfer Students!
We are in the process of assigning your personal librarians. You will be contacted by your personal librarian in the first week of classes! In the meantime feel free to explore the library's website and come into the library and take a look around!