- Brainstorm Search terms
- Use your terms in the Library Catalog and the LeMoyne databases recommended to you for books and full text results.
- Check the recommended databases
- Wherever you search, take advantage of the databases' limit-setting features.
When you have some good choices, pay attention to
- subject category
- Citations, if available
If this is a long-term project, set up alerts in the databases you found most useful. Ask at the Library if you need help.
- OT Search
Sponsored by AOTA, this is a bibliographic database covering the literature of occupational therapy and related subject areas. The full text of the indexed resources is not in this database, only the bibliographic information to identify the material and an author's abstract, when one exists. Ask a Librarian for help if you can't locate the cited journal.
- OT Seeker
Abstracts only but a comprehensive review of the literature.
- Google Scholar
If you must use Google, start at Google scholar. Benefits are Citing articles feature and a broad view of results. Drawbacks are lack of limits and full text access although there is a link if we own it and you're on Campus.
- Cochrane Library
-collection of evidence-based medicine databases
-Systematic reviews available from 1990- present, records available from 1960-present; updated quarterly
-regularly updated collection of evidence-based medicine databases
- Joanna Briggs Institute EBP Database
- Academic Search Elite
Several Neurology journals can be found here
- CINAHL with Full Text
an index to the nursing and allied health literature
- 1982- present, updated monthly
- complete coverage of English-language nursing journals and publications from the National League for Nursing and the American Nurses' Association, CINAHL covers nursing, biomedicine, health sciences librarianship, alternative complementary medicine, consumer health
- Health Reference Center Academic
- Neuroscience Information Framework - Search for Neuroscience Resources
- ProQuest Central. Health & Medical Collection
Several neurology journals here
- 2,400+ journals in 27 languages
- Books, chapters, & dissertations
■Most comprehensive database of medical and biomedical literature.
■Free and accessible version of Medline from the National Library of Medicine
■1966- present, updated weekly
■More than 4,000 biomedical journals published in the United States and 70 other countries
- A database of full text scholarly journals.
- 1995 - present in full text for subscribed journals
- Covers approximately 2,000 scholarly periodicals. 1,200 are available in full-text through a consortial agreement.
** Articles that Le Moyne users have access to are indicated by a green notepad next to article citation. Articles that Le Moyne users do NOT have access to are indicated by a white notepad next to article citation.
- Quetzal® - Linguistic Searching of MEDLINE (PubMed) and the biomedical literature
Sign up for a basic Quetzal account and get a focused PubMed search using common language